Thursday, May 8, 2014

The Windwalker Archive: Book 1, Talon

                     The Windwalker Archive: Book 1, Talon

                                                          Now Live on Amazon!

 

                                                                       Available on Amazon 

      


As many of you will know I have been planning on expanding the Legends of Agora world for some time now. The idea for TALON came to me sometime in 2012. I suddenly saw a barbarian boy of 16 in my mind. He was small, dirty; he looked like a slave. There were whip marks, old scars...but kind eyes.
"Who is that?" I asked.
"Talon Windwalker," said the Universe.
"Who is he?" I asked.
"A barbarian runt who was born premature and is shunned by his people," said the Universe.
"Ooohhh," I said.

Talon scratched at my brain for the next year, patiently waiting to be told. When I finally finished the first draft of Whill of Agora 4, sometime in Feb '14, I began writing Talon. I wrote Talon in only eighteen, coffee induced 10 hour days. I have never seen a story form before me so clearly, I literally only had to sit down at the laptop for the stream of consciousness to flow. When I was finished I had a story about a boy who is scorned and hated, but quick to love, a boy who is often hurt, but slow to harm others. Talon is a story of a slavery, violence, intolerance, injustice and discrimination. It is also a book about friendship and love, compassion and righteousness. It is an underdog story, a race against time, a tale of fortune and fate.

I hope you enjoy the newest installation into the Legends of Agora. I have many more planned.

P.S. Fans of Dirk's spirit-wolf Chief will enjoy learning his origin story.

-MP


1 comment:

Unknown said...

how come talon is only available in ebook and sea queen I can preorder it in paperback